OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR: The Gift of Canada Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Go RVing Canada, 147 Liberty Street, Unit 210, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3G3 (the “Sponsor”). Not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on November 7, 2022 at 12:00pm EST and ends on January 15, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. For electronic entries, the sole determinant of time for the purpose of receipt of a valid entry will be the time the entry was received by the Sponsor’s server.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Contest by doing all of the following before the Contest End Date:
Entrant information and video submission entries may be used for marketing. For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when the Sponsor’s server(s) records the entry information. All entries must be complete, are subject to the Entry Submission Guidelines below and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter this Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
Contest Entry Submission Guidelines
All video entry submissions into this Contest (the “Submission”) are subject to the following Contest Entry Submission Guidelines:
The Sponsor may require any entrant, at the entrants sole obligation and expense, and as a condition to enter this contest, to obtain any third party consent that the Sponsor deems necessary for their Submission, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, whether to satisfy intellectual property, privacy or any other applicable laws, before accepting an entrant’s Submission or using an entrant’s Submission for marketing, the administration of this Contest or any other purpose.
5.CONTEST PRIZES: There is a total of one (1) prize available to be won consisting of: (i) one (1) RV trip for two (2) people for up to seven (7) days; (ii) one (1) $500.00 gas card; and (iii) one (1) $250.00 grocery card (total approximate total retail prize value $5000).
The Sponsor is not responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the winner in addition to the prize described above including, but not limited to, flight expenses if the winner wishes to take their RV prize trip outside of Ontario, repairs, maintenance, travel or automobile insurance or incidental expenses of any kind. [The winner must have a valid driver’s licence at the time the prize is awarded.] All elements of the prize shall be arranged by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The prize winner and his/her guest (or guest’s parent/legal guardian if a minor) must execute the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (the “Winner Release”) and Travel Companion Release forms prior to the award of the prize. The prize must be redeemed by the winner by December 1st, 2023. The prize is subject to availability, determined in the sole direction of the Sponsor.
The winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or use or redemption of the prize. The prize must be accepted as awarded and has no cash value. The prize or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date and the level of skill in the submitted entry videos before the Contest closes.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: The winner will be announced on January 16th, 2023 at 2 p.m ET at Go RVing Canada, 147 Liberty Street, Unit 210, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3G3 and announced on Go RVing Canada’s social profiles. The Sponsor will select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”) of this Contest based on which entrant, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, captures the Gift of Canada story best based on the total score from 1-10 in each of the following categories: emotion, creativity, originality, emotion. In the event of a tie between entrants, Go RVing Canada’s President will break the tie to select the winner based on the above judging criteria, in the President’s sole discretion.
If a Selected Entrant does not meet any eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the prize and another entrant will be selected by way of the winner selection criteria set out in these Contest Rules from all remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) sign and return the Sponsor’s Winner Release and Travel Companion Release forms; and (ii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within one (1) business day of being chosen and will be contacted by the e-mail address or telephone number provided by them at the time of entry into this Contest, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and up to three (3) attempts will be made within 36 hours following winner selection. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept the prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by the winner selection criteria set out in these Contest Rules, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor’s signed Winner Release and Travel Companion Release forms must be received by Sponsor no later than [date], 2023 and sent to: [e-mail address]. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
8.RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner and their companion must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release and Travel Companion Release forms to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook and Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
9. CONDUCT: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an un-sportsperson-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, all in the discretion of the Sponsor. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and select a winner from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date by way of the winner selection criteria set out above.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image and video entries, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, all as may be edited, translated or modified in any way by Sponsor, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario and the applicable federal laws therein, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of this Contest.
Insurance: The Sponsor may require the winner and any travel guests to obtain travel insurance, including trip cancellation insurance, prior to redemption of the prize, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© Go RVing Canada 2022. All Rights Reserved.
See what's happening now with these recent posts.