The UEL Heritage Centre and Park is a mixture of history, camping, and family fun, all in one location. It is made up of 72 acres, located on the scenic shores of the Bay of Quinte, along the Loyalist Parkway (Hwy 33) in the historic village of Adolphustown. The park is the site of the original landing of the first group of United Empire Loyalists, under Major Peter Vanalstine, which took place on June 16, 1784. The first loyalists were settled on the grounds in tents, and spent their early days here before moving to their new homes. The UEL Heritage Centre and Park is dedicated to the preservation of this important location, which included the first Loyalist Cemetery, established in 1784, and the oldest monument to the Loyalists in Canada, erected in 1884 for the Loyalist Centennial Celebrations. We offer both serviced campsites (water and electrical) and non-serviced sites, available for daily, weekly or seasonal. Campsites are generous size on grassy lots, with or without shade trees. Campsites are provided with picnic tables and a campfire area.