Spicy RV Campfire Cooking Tips
A great camping trip begins with a tasty menu and includes a variety of robust flavours and satisfying dishes that the whole family will enjoy! The campfire classics are always a safe bet, but sometimes it’s nice to try something new and throw a spicy curve ball into the dinner agenda. Whether you are a pro at turning up the heat in the kitchen or just dabbling, here are a few tips, recipe ideas for all meals of the day, and condiments to have on hand when you are preparing a spicy dish in your campfire kitchen.
Spicy campfire cooking tips
- Ensure you have brought the right cooking-ware, utensils and supplies needed to prepare your dish ‘ some spicy dishes call for different preparation then some of the regular campfire food you might be used to making.
- Do a little background research on the type of food and cuisine you plan on making.
- Poll everyone at your campsite and find out what level of spicy they can all tolerate.
- Better yet, leave the spicy + hot condiments on the side to let everyone choose their own individual level of heat that goes into their meal.
- Balance the heat of the meal and cool it down with something neutral or cool such as a yogurt dip, sour cream, rice or even quinoa.
- Incase of a hot overload, be sure to have some plain yogurt, bread or crackers on hand to cleanse the palette and cut through the intensity of the heat in your mouth.
- If you accidentally add to much heat or spice try adding some sugar or squeezing a lemon or lime on your dish.
Spicy dishes to try over the campfire
Spicy Morning Meals ‘ Start your day off with a bang!
Spicy Carrot Sunrise Mimosa: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2010/05/spicy-carrot-sunrise-mimosa-bevie.html
Sweet and Spicy Pork Hash: http://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-and-spicy-pork-hash-524243
Spicy Habanero Jelly: http://www.food.com/recipe/spicy-habanero-jelly-68981’photo=320987
Chorizo Egg and Potato Breakfast: https://www.babble.com/best-recipes/how-to-make-chorizo-potato-and-egg-breakfast/
Sweet and Spicy Bacon: https://www.babble.com/best-recipes/sweet-and-spicy-bacon/
Sriracha Spinach Scramble: https://www.babble.com/best-recipes/sriracha-spinach-scramble/
Bits ‘n Bites
Spicy Ranch Popcorn: http://www.bitememore.com/feedme/394/spicy-ranch-popcorn-recipe
Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix: http://www.bitememore.com/feedme/434/sweet-and-spicy-snack-mix
Moroccan Spiced Roast Chickpeas: http://www.food.com/recipe/moroccan-spiced-roast-chickpeas-523991
Spiced Deviled Eggs: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/128914/spicy-deviled-eggs/
Jalapeno Popper Spread: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/139012/jalapeno-popper-spread/
Chili’s Spicy Garlic and Lime Shrimp: http://www.food.com/recipe/chilis-spicy-garlic-lime-shrimp-76470
Buffalo Chicken Dip: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/68461/buffalo-chicken-dip/
Hot Dinner Specials:
Buffalo Chicken Wings: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24087/restaurant-style-buffalo-chicken-wings/
Spicy Pasta Puttanesca: http://www.bitememore.com/feedme/53/spicy-pasta-puttanesca-recipe
Jicama Slaw: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/jicama-slaw
3-Pepper Chicken Chili: http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/three-pepper-chicken-chili/10143/
Grilled Corn with Pesto: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Grilled-Corn-with-Pesto
Spicy Cool-off ‘ Cheers!
Spicy Caesar Cocktail (can also be made virgin): http://www.bitememore.com/drinkme/88/spicy-caesar-cocktail-recipe
Jalapeno Margarita: http://www.loveandlemons.com/jalapeno-margaritas/
Smoky Michelada Beer Cocktail: http://saltandwind.com/recipes/164-smoky-michelada-beer-cocktail-recipe
Spicy Grapefruit Margarita: http://www.thelifestyled.com/spicy-grapefruit-margarita/
Hot in Rio: http://www.liquor.com/recipes/hot-in-rio/
Whether you are meaning to cook a spicy dish or not, sometimes it’s nice to add a little heat to your meal. Here are a few suggested hot and spicy condiments to stock the RV’s pantry:
- Franks Hot Sauce ‘ a classic!
- Chili Flakes
- Spicy Mayo
- Sriracha Aioli
- Melinda’s Bold & Spicy Habanero Ketchup
- Chipotle Mayo
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce – A staple!
- Chili Oil
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Hot and Mild Curry Powders
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Peppers
- Cajun Seasoning