Here’s a handy checklist to help you prepare your RV for all your upcoming adventures.
- Open all doors and compartments and check for rodent intrusion and water damage.
- Replace any dry cell batteries you may have removed for winter storage.
- Test the operation of the carbon monoxide detector, the LP gas leak detector and the smoke detector.
- Check the fire extinguisher and make sure it is fully charged.
- Open the awning to let it dry.
- Raise the radio / TV antenna.
- Inspect all seams, windows and vents for water damage and reseal if necessary.
- Lubricate all hinges and locks with spray lubricant.
- Test the operation of the hydraulic jacks if applicable. Also check the hydraulic fluid level.
- Place mothballs near (not in) the gas burner assembly of the refrigerator (to prevent spiders from nesting and causing gas flow blockages at the burner).
- Place sheets of Bounce or Fleecy (or similar product) under each mattress and cushion. This will keep field mice away as they don’t like the smell.
- Inspect the tires for signs of dry rot. Inflate all tires to the recommended tire pressure.
Don’t forget to check, inspect and test run your:
- Air conditioner
- Electrical system
- Waste Water system